1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back in Warhammer!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hyperion, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Hyperion
    Skink

Hyperion New Member

Hello everyone!

After 1 year of break from Warhammer Fantasy, I am back into the game with the Lizardmen!

I was "forced" to return to my old hobby when my GF started asking me question about the game and how to play. :meh: After two games and some surfing on the GW website, my GF choose the brand new Skaven!

I used to play Dwarfs, but I was getting tired of the long magic phase of the dwarfs. :rolleyes:

I have been lurking the forum for 1 week now, I thought it was time for me to register. From what I have seen the forum is very friendly and full of great tips for the young skink like me. Time for me to give back a little!

BTW, English is not my native language. Some sentences might seem right to me and could make no sense for you. I am already sorry about that, don't be afraid to correct me or PM me about it. I have to master English for my full-time job! :)

Cya around Lustria!
    - Hyperion

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Greetings, and welcome to the forum!

Your english seems above what a lot of native english speakers type these days anyway, so don't worry about it. :)

3. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

What's that supposed to mean!
    We made the language (well the English did anyway) so we can do what we like with it.
    and anyway most speakers of 'English' nowadays are actually speaking 'American' which I can agree with you is not very grammatically correct and sounds like they have had a violent, head-on, collision with a large anvil.

Hummphhh, I better go a paint something to calm myself down

P.S. I will admit I had to use the Dictionary on Word to get the correct spelling of grammatically, but, oh well! I don't take myself seriously anyway. ;)

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Actually I am more refering to the lazy people who tlk lik taht andd never use grammer or speling. Plus don't think about their posts and use paragraphs effectively.

5. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

"BezZeMad" - What's that supposed to mean!
    We made the language (well the English did anyway)

Well, actually even the English only slightly modified the exsisting langauge of the Norse tribe who lived where england is now. They originated from what is now known as Germany. So you can thank the Norse, and think of Germany whenever you speak/write english, and correct people who say the English invented english. There's your fun-fact for the day...

:D

(PS, I realize that was off topic, welcome to the forum Hyperion) ;)

6. Hyperion
    Skink

Hyperion New Member

Thanks Stewart and SlannOfItza!

I can see that my English language thread is quite popular! :p

7. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Lol, yeah... I think we just get easily distracted..

But in all serious-ness, welcome to the forum. There are alot of people here with plenty of advice, and I think you'll find your questions answered correctly and in a timely manner. I personally love this forum, and feel its very interactive and everyone is very helpful and nice.

I hope to see your army lists/battle reports/etc soon...

Good Luck... :D

8. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Hey, Hyperion!

I remember seeing you somewhere other than here... I don't know where though...
    But you're welcome here, have a good time and have a look in the general board for "Scum and villainy".

Cheers!

9. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

Yeah sorry 'bout distracting everyone like that.

Welcome to the forum Hyperion! I too get the funny feeling that I have heard of you somewhere before.

I know the English only modified existing languages but it wasn't just 1 there's all kinds of muck in that little pot, Saxon, Norse, French, a little bit of Latin all kinds of stuff. and anyways we was 'ere before the stupid Saxons and the Normans, and the Romans for that matter but everybody when they think of England thinks of the Normans!!!!!!

10. Hyperion
    Skink

Hyperion New Member

Thanks BezZeMad and Hellbreaker!

I have the same username on Librarium Online, might be there...

11. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

That would probably be it, I'm not a member of Librarium online but some of there posts are quite interesting.
    Anyways Welcome to teh Forum and I hope you like it better than Librarium Online. ;)