1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Are salamanders worth it?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Bodestig93, Jul 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bodestig93
    Skink

Bodestig93 Member

yo guys! Im going to play a defensive styled seraphonarmy and I am curious about a possible substitution for my salamanders. i play with:
    1x Lord Kroak
    1x EOTG
    1x BSB
    30x TG
    10x chameleon skinks
    1x bastiladon sunfire
    3x salamanders
    2x skink handlers

my army works like a Clock, allways start my first turn to summon an eternity warden and a skink priest for some extra magic/buffs. i have only faced dwarfes and thceench oriented chaos. my only concern about my setup is that i dont really use my sallies, they either get killed quickly, or simply doesnt deliver enough wounds to be Worth it?

my first thought was to use a Troglodon instead of all the sallies, but im not sure if it will fit in. any thoughts?

smell ya later!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

I have had them inflict massive damage. Especially alongside a bastiladon. They will have to pick which to fight and salamanders left alone for a few turns will inflict damage and the extra potential for another d3 at the end of shooting is d6 + d3 damage shooting for a unit and the d6 is -2 rend.

dwarfepic and Bowser like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

If the salamanders aren't effective for you then trog or a starseer would be a good replacement. The 18 " range on the Trog is worth it, basically gives you an extra round of shooting before they get to you, then with a charge will hold them up and weaken them for another turn.
    Starseer with the extra dice rolls and curse of fates gives you some better control.

dwarfepic likes this.
  4. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

Can you use curse of fate on cosmic herald if your opponent shows same die value?

5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Curse of fates is the spell, separate from the cosmic herald ability, I mean if your opponent gets the rerolls it sucks, but you can use curse of fates to change the results anyway!

dwarfepic likes this.
  6. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

Yes but is that better than the Rerols?

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I don't know how you employ sallies, but they are amazing.
    Try to summon those sallies with handlers on enemy's flank, and enjoy while they wipe away units, or kill the enemy's general (last time i played with them, they simply burned away a jabberslithe in turn one. Opponent wasn't happy).
    They shine with a starseer, but the re-roll granted by Kroak should grant you almost full damage.

dwarfepic and Bowser like this.