1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW Are Salamanders Underpowered?

Discussion in 'Salamanders Discussion' started by BAE, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Which is why you go with Hunters

Honestly the kaisenor troop screen makes the most sense and allows for good conversions

2. classicflava
    Cold One

classicflava Active Member

I have had a good amount of success with salamanders. Lekelidons are $$. They can claim objectives and are some of the best medium range shooters in the game. I have been taking three in 2000pts and love it. Ancients on rhinosaurs with pathfinder item have been amazing as well. CLoWFD with elite item was very good for me in the two games i have used it. A breath(16) with elite and vicious is awesome. Also the 8 attacks in melee with elite and vicious are much more effective. For the points I think nerve should be 17/19 instead of 15/17. ghekko troops are great screens. If they are ignored and get into a flank they can do some damage as well.

3. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

my point was that warriors would work if you had nimble. hunters dont work because they cost too much

4. Jack Trowell
    Cold One

Jack Trowell Active Member

Hunters have it, as well as a very nice (for infantry) speed 7 and pathfinder, and you have a cheap upgrade for stelathy to make them less vulnerable to normal shooting.

Sure, if all you want them to do is die without doing anything else, then they aer not as good as gargoyles (known to be slightly undercosted), but if you want nimbler it's that you expect the unit to do more than that, and the hunters are not so bad.