1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Second Edition

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, May 12, 2018.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

On a more serious note: pretty much the expected result.
    And yes that probably means all warscroll s are going to get updated.

I also hope that not only those two units can contribute, but all other wizards as well.

Wazz likes this.
  2. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I wonder if instead of a spell lore if we can cast realm specific spells in any realm. A thunderquake with a heal spell on top of the healing from a Slann would make for some sweet tears from your opponents.

Koriialstraz likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

If they are updating warscrolls I would envisage a new Battletome

Ecozh, Koriialstraz and Wazz like this.
  4. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Koriialstraz and Wazz like this.
  6. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Plus have 600 points worth of Heroes within the exact right overlapping ranges. If this can actually be pulled off, more power to the player, that's great. But it seems highly situational and counterable with positioning of enemy units.

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

True but I bet players will try to pull it off ;)

8. The17thYak
    Saurus

The17thYak Active Member

This. The same thought came to me after reading about the realm magic and the attempt to lessen the impact of AB and MS, leaving the Slann with one fairly underwhelming signature spell in LotH. It makes sense fluff wise as well to allow a Slann to choose the magic they wish to cast irrelevant of realm.

Edit: To clarify, keeping it balanced, allow a choice of the realm rather than getting to chose any of nearly 50 spells

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Crowsfoot, Wazz and Koriialstraz like this.
  9. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@The17thYak lmao right!? "One sec I need to look through the 50+ spells I can cast. Please hold"

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

cool, then we're also functionally immortal provided noone bashes our brains in.

The changes to summoning do seem good for us… though it'l be weird if Kroak can't summon with him being the most powerfull slann in existance by a landslide. And I'm curious how they're going to do it now. The other faction Always have their summoning available. Slaanesh depends on heroes wounding stuff which will happen regardless of how you build your army, Nurgle has the points generated from multiple resources with some base-values just for existing. Death has it on (nearly?) every hero. We seem to be the only ones that have it limited to 2 specific models. Losing complete acces to an important mechanic like summoning because you didn't pick a slann and/or an astrolith bearer seems like it'd be a pain to balance, so are we now basicly going to be mandated to Always bring a slann/astrolith if we want a viable army?

11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Also it's a rather good sign we were mentioned explicitly for something like this as it does indicate a fairly major overhaul so we do at least have some attention :p

12. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

You know, one thing we haven't talked much about is how the storyline is advancing. AoS2 seems to be kicking off with something called the "Necroquake," which I guess is the vast magical conflagration Malign Portents has been building towards for months now. The article on Nagash today says something along the lines of it being good news for Death and bad news for the other Grand Alliances.

13. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I feel like we were almost always obligated to take a Slann at least after Ghb lol.

14. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

And fluff wise also! Guess the slann is the summoner. But to make it more accesable, the gave it to the astrolith aswell. I’ll gues summoning can be benificial if it fits your army. Just like a slann and astrolith does now. It will be at a tradeoff offcouse.

I hope the tradeoff is in the form of a spell, a resource ill love to spend. But I guess they mentioned some ritual or so.
    If they just left the warscrolls as is, and just made summoning free, it’s a major win

15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

In a real game i threw 205 attacks to a buffed Goddrakk. it was enough. :D

Crowsfoot and Wazz like this.
  16. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Since I don't want to quote everyone, I'll just throw out a few thoughts.
    1. I don't think we'll get two wound guards. But with the ability to bring dead ones back with rituals, I don't think it will matter. At this point the Eternal Starhost will be almost broken.
    2. Rerollable 2+ saves will handle almost any basic troop attacks in the game. Mathhammer on those 480 attacks from the skeletons results in about 6 dead Saurus Guard, which we should be able to summon back without too much trouble. Basically, put 20 Saurus Guard in cover surrounding a Slann, Astrolith Bearer, and an Eternity Warden. They won't be able to break through the wall of shields.

Koriialstraz, Wazz and Christopher like this.
  17. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Well, thats pretty much what we have had forever. Only Slann can summon.

Wazz likes this.
  18. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Padre that part 2 was my favorite paragraph I've seen today lol. I've always like eternal but it's not done much for me. No I want to try it again lol.

Padre likes this.
  19. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

Personally I struggle to come up with any sort of list I like that does not have a Slann or Kroak in already - so I am not sure that much would change even if that were the case. I do wonder what will happen to the summoning mechanic on the EoTG in the new edition, that is the other model which can currently summon.

20. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

List of 1000-1500 dont alsways include one. Especially when you run a battalion.

The summoning of the eotg would actually make sense now.

Wazz likes this.