1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Anton's Lizards

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Anton_S, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

Thank you for your support T'hinker'er

Weekend over. Added battle damage to all 54 shields and undercoated them. Been putting lots and lots of hours into the Temple Guard but there's so many of them! Monday and Tuesday night will be paintblocked unfortunately, then I've got just 4 nights to finish everything.

Saurus Warrior Unit 2 (30 models):
    Painting: 99%
    Shields: made, not painted
    Basing: not done

Slann Mage Priest:
    Painting: 90%

Scar-Veteran:
    Painting: 30%

Temple Guard (24 models):
    Painting: 40%
    Shields: made, not painted
    Basing: not done[/quote]

2. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

These are looking great! Keep up the awesome work. You have our support and as talented (and ambitious) as you are, I'm sure you can get them done in time! Good Luck and am excited to see the rest!

- Lord Cedric

3. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Looking forward to seeing everything completed. Hang in there man!

4. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

I appreciate your support guys.

Got a good evening's worth of painting yesterday, mostly swallowed up by the Temple Guard. At least I can see the light in the tunnel now!

Also did two layers of purple drybrush on 54 shields and two layers of flat yellow on the 24 of those that are for the Temple Guard -- they are getting a different shield motif and I'm picking it out in yellow to make it stand out better. All shields still need a white drybrush and a purple wash, and the TG shields need a yellow wash as well.

Work is thinning out as vacation draws near (for once!) so hopefully I can get a little daytime painting done too these last days. I will need many short sessions for basing work due to the drying time of PVA glue.

Saurus Warrior Unit 2 (30 models):
    Painting: 99%
    Shields: made, half painted

Slann Mage Priest:
    Painting: 90%

Scar-Veteran:
    Painting: 30%

Temple Guard (24 models):
    Painting: 60%
    Shields: made, half painted

5. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

Another solid evening yesterday and even got to put on a few washes on the TG this morning. They should be at about 90% now and today and tomorrow should allow quite a bit of painting time. Main worry is now the drying times involved with the basing steps, and to a lesser extent the Scar-Veteran.

I'll try to get a few pictures before I pack them up for travel.

6. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

11 pm and here they are, ready to go into the bag march through the portal for the trip to Stockholm to the Old World to do battle against the followers of the Ruinous Powers.

Army1207.jpg
    Not a great picture but it is what I can manage in the basement. I will get better ones when I get back.

generatorss likes this.
  7. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

Wow, great job, a real accomplishment I must say. That's quite a large army for such small time frame!

Just out of curiosity, is it some tournament or such you're attending in stockholm? I live here you see :)

8. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

Thanks Totzro. No tourney this time, just family.

9. parrot
    Cold One

parrot New Member

Stunned :jawdrop: .

10. Kharn The Betrayer
    Razordon

Kharn The Betrayer New Member

Mother of god. I will give you 1 trillion dollars for this sir! Beautiful army!

11. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

Just out of curiosity, how long does it normally take you to paint say a Saurus when you not rushed?

I love the shields; are you going to do anything spectacular with those or will the live in the bits box?

Great looking army and well done getting so much painted in that time

12. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

Thanks Berti.

I don't know exactly how long a single Saurus would take since I never do them one at a time and I don't clock my painting sessions. They are often short, or get interrupted, or both. But between trimming the mould lines, assembly, basing, shield-making and painting I would guess about two hours per model. Maybe one hour or less spent just painting.

Do you mean the leftover plastic shields? No plans for those. Every project I do leave me with a whole new bitsbox at the end of it. The Lizard bitsbox just happens to have a a lot of shields in it. I guess they could be cool on a themed Beastman army, or maybe Tomb Kings from Numas (? -- that city on the edge of the jungle), or even as Salamanders Space Marines Storm Shields! Maybe one day I'll make one of those, or give them away.

13. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

I like the sound of the tomb kings, keep up the good work :D