1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age All-comers @2500pts with monsters n' stuff

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Pinktaco, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Total army value 2495pts

Characters 805pts

Slann 270pts, Funnel The Winds 55pts, Alternate Way of Thinking 50pts, extra spell 25pts, Path of Fire (4 spells), Path of Nature (2 spells)

Total 400pts

Saurian Veteran 90pts, Tyrannosaurus 140pts, Armour of Destiny 50pts, Shield 5pts, BSB 25pts

Total 310pts

Skink Priest 60pts, Scroll 35pts, Path of Wilderness

Total 95pts

Core 625pts

30 Saurus Warriors 320pts, vanguard 30pts, musician/banner 20pts, +1M banner 15pts

Total 385pts

3 x 10 Skink Skirmishers 3 x 80pts

Total 240pts

Special 915pts

25 Templeguards 350pts (including weapons master), musician/banner 20pts, triple movement banner 15pts

Total 385pts

2 x 5 Camo skink 2 x 60pts

Total 120pts

2 x 4 Pterodactyl 2 x 155pts

Total 310pts

4 Pteranodon 100pts

Total 100pts

Rare

Spinosaurus 120pts, Breath Weapon 30pts

Total 150pts

Comments
    I want to be in the face of my opponent ASAP. Vanguard, triple M banner, lots of fliers and fast monsters. I'm hoping that the combination of camo skinks, pteranodons and pterodactyls can distract any artillery.

With fire I have a decent path to deal with redirectors and with 2 spells in path of nature I can heal up some of the big guys and maybe if I'm lucky get the resurrection spell.

The breat weapon on spinosaurus can potentially do a number or two against heavily armoured units (average 2.31 wounds against T4 cavaly and 3,5 wounds against T3 cavalry). At 30pts it only needs to kill a single elite cavalry model to pay for itself.

I'm 10pts short for a lance on my scar vet D:

Worst fear: something like a deamon price. My current build don't quite have the tools for that :/

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'm excited to try something like this out (but without the BSB... I like that better on my Slann).

What type of armies are prevalent in your gaming group? Who might you face?

You've definitely invested a lot of points in spells for your Slann. Personally I'd shift some points elsewhere.

3. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Are you certain that the item+discipline combination works that way? I mean are you sure you get to take 2 nature spells?
    I'd be inclined to say that the extra spell item gives you only extra spell from the path you chose. I.e. you'd end up 5 fire + 1 nature...?

BR
    Agrem

4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I asked the ABC and it's not intended. We're only allowed to combine the signature disciplines and that item. According to the ABC the issue with the other combination is that that chance of getting the 6th spell on two paths is too high.

5. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

I like the army, there's a lot of new features that suddenly are useful with what the ABC-guys have done with the army. I really like that you can field a Tyrannosaurus and a Spinosaurus, along side a Slann. I'm looking forward to see what this build-up can do.

My only regret with this new update, is that Cold Ones are too expensive. If no ones plays them, it'll change naturally, so I'm not worried here either. And I guess this army isn't really build with those guys in mind ;)