1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Age of Sigmar

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Gemini, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Gemini
    Skink

Gemini New Member

Hey guys i can't find any info on lizzardmen online in age of sigma could someone tell me what happpend?

2. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

So far I don't think there IS much info on Lizardmen (aka Seraphon) that's been released yet. There's a Black Library short story "Beneath the Black Thumb" that features Nurgle fighting Seraphon, but I don't have it so I don't know anything more about it sorry. All I know is that Lizardmen are now a form of Daemon rather than beings of flesh and blood, and they are infused with Azyr magic.

3. details
    Cold One

details Well-Known Member

as fhanados said, there's no much lizardmen fluff in the age of sigmar

the seraphon are portrayed as enigmatic and mysterious even to the stormcast, but being magical entities made (or infused with) azyr energy, the heavens' wind of magic, means that the eternals innately recognize them as allies
    with the exception of the slann, all seraphons are in fact listed as daemons or at least daemon-like creatures (the warscrolls have distinct keywords for "daemon" and "chaos daemons")
    they appear out of nowhere, teleporting from the stars, fight and vanish away, quite literally, they bleed starlight and fade in glittering starstuff when killed
    this stuff has purifying properties: In "beneath the black thumb" lizardmen hijack a realmgate that was in the slow process of being linked to the garden of nurgle (a task that is said would have required god-like powers on its own) and when the nurgle lord killed a skink with a punch that broke trough its chest, his fist was cleansed of all the "gifts" nurgle bestowed on him
    I've also read of skinks becoming luminescent when near of great source of azyr energy (be it artifact, magic or other lizardmen) but I don't know what's the source so take with salt
    further extracts from that novel see lizardmen poisons being very effective to daemons (plaguebeareres no less), even more than against mortals; we see terradon dropping boulders that act like meterors, leaving trails of fire and impacting with great force and we also have some point of view from a skaven: The skaven in question had never encountered or heard of these seraphon, but he was able to instinctually recognize skinks and terradons, also having flashes of jungles and temples he has never visited, the skaven appear to possess a fear and memories of the lizardmen to a genetic level, I don't have to say that said skaven passed half of the battle reflecting on the instinct to play dead and the other half fleeing
    apart from this the lizardmen act similarly to the past, or even more fearless, with great acts of strength, endurance, tactical and combat cunning and magical powers
    the last lizardman we see before the chaos lord failed attempt to ask for help from nurgle and his retreat into the realmgate portal (ending in a strange jungle instead of the garden of nurgle) is a mummified slann that moved the stars in the skies to form an angry sitting frog, hijacked the realmgate, provoked meteors rains and emanated waves of power against with was "almost impossible to even stand"

pretty exciting if you ask me
    still don't like the change to daemons though

Attached Files:

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Nice bit of collected fluff. :D
    ... Pics nice too.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Bowser like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That picture is awesome! Great summary! @details

6. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

The fluff is very high fantasy. It was always a bit too high for my taste, but not it has really escalated :D
    I like the concept of I have to disregard my taste for lower fantasy settings ;)

7. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

8. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

The Age of Copyright?

9. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

I would like to point out that some naughty words are used in those links. Not my fault, some editors get a little bit overexcited.:rolleyes:

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.