1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age 9th Age - Saurian Ancients Sneak Peak

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Mar 2, 2016.

1. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

The rules we have when 1.0 is reached is what the majority of the player base will judge 9th Age on. This is the point where we either convert or decide to not do that. Sure, even if a lot of the player base is lost at 1.0, some will change their mind at release 1.5 etc. but it will be a very low number that does this.

This is why I find it very strange, why our army is getting several of these nerfs. Especially when considering the meta I face, it does not make sense. Looking at the army books, I am not sure I can say that the process of balancing the armies are completely fair, as there seems to be some clear biases.

He was at least heavily biased, and according to his channel his main army is not Lizardmen (quoting, "I am trying to learn how to play with Lizardmen" from his first video eight months ago).

So I totally agree that for the 9th Age team to look more professional, they should get someone else to do a review (who is not part of the team).

Mr Phat and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

very-small.jpg
    I couldn't agree more.
    The "review" was admittedly very poor because it was so heavily laced with bias. It almost felt like I was watching an infomercial. It's a shame too because there are a lot of great Warhammer YouTube content creators that probably would have jumped at the chance of producing a fair, realistic and balanced review.

3. serbianwolf
    Cold One

serbianwolf Active Member

@Mr Phat there have been some serious complaints about the new nerfs (like why would anyone take temple guard any more and so on...) that cant be adressed by saying hey perhaps that will change perhaps it wont in the unforeseeable future.
    i want 9th age to succeed as i think many people here wish also, thats where the criticism is comming from...

4. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

One thing i also only just now noticed is that Braves can be made to Skirmish as well now. As long as they can take poisoned shots, which is not entirely clear right now, this should still be a strong contender in the skirmishing rule, making the Hunters in the special slot,, useless? Just read this now, feel like i am missing something. We will know today i guess, the release is due any moment now.

5. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

Well, my scaly comrades, I've skimmed through this thread, and will be able to respond at some point, but I'm afraid that point is not now...just wanted to say that for those of you who have asked questions and not received answers - it's not that you're being ignored, it's just trying to keep up with the sheer volume of feedback while also...going to work. I'm off to there now, and will try to post something when I get home!

airjamy likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

If only that were true.
    Capture.PNG

So although Skink Braves can be made to skirmish, they no longer have poisoned shooting. Without poisoned shooting that unit is pretty useless in my opinion.

7. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

My 9th Age duty prohibits me of telling you guys anything directly from the release, but I can give you some background infomation, as I think you deserve it.

The SA book apparently had rather harsh becoming, as one member had to go on a trip and another one straight out left during the forming of the
    different proposals.
    I dont really know the details as I have been on a leave for a while due to personal matters in real life, so thats the best I can do.

What ive heard is that what it came down to was that A SINGLE GUY had to form this on HIS OWN, and under time pressure.
    While I personally think that someone should have put down a veto on this, and added at least one other guy to the mix, its how it went.

I dont doubt his abilities, but because the result cant become anything but one-sided and Meta-defined, it is not a suitable way to work out an army book (we know that from GW).

Matters will be taken care of so this wont happen again, and the 9th internal staff is setting up a final system for Version 1.00.
    Maximum effort will be put into getting every book just right for the final release.

Regarding tonight:

• You probably wont like everything you read in the new update, but you must remember that this one wasnt worked out as well as the final one will be.
    • A lot of other armies wont have a party either.
    • I genuinely think we still can be competitive, and that the biggest problem will be to adapt from old ways.
    And then a personal request: please equip a BSB for tonight, and remember that you are cold blooded.
    It might look worse than it really is, and even though I am right there with you being skeptical we need to work against a constructive outcome.

I am juggling with the idea of joining the army book team for the last edit before the final release, to make sure that we wont end up either OP or as an entirely new army.
    To do that I will need good and intellectual feedback from you guys to use as argumentation in whatever change or improvement needed for the last push.

I will start a thread on this when we get closer to 20:00 CET.

airjamy, GCPD, protector and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

regarding you guys wanting to judge if 9th is for you, I can totally understand that.

Luckily for you, it probably wont go anywhere even if you decide to swing with KoW , stay 8th or something else entirely, so you can always come back.
    And know I will be right here yelling "NOW IS A GOOD EDITION TO CHECK IN" :D

I just really hope that will be Version 1.00.

9. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

Phat, having you in the army book team would be a big plus so youve got my support!

Mr Phat likes this.
  10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

11. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Damn you GW for not giving us a 9th edition.... damn you to hell!! :mad::mad::mad:

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Sorry guys, I haven't really been around :/
    Sneak peeks consumed most of my time.

I'm doing what I can for the SA staff to make things right. The staff have been hit with both inactivity and other unfortunate things.

Unfortunately though I must also accept that even though I'm part of the executive board I have no real say in rules and I've already meddled too much with little (although still some positive) outcome.
    As an ExB member I must be "neutral" in that I cannot keep hammering on able the SA army internally, however I still do what I can.

I will try and get past here more often, but the quickest way is to start a PM with me. That way I'll be notified by mail :)

GCPD likes this.