1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 750 pt list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Lounge_Lizard, May 29, 2008.

1. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

I'm having a friendly 750 pt match saturday and I came up with this.
    Any insights will be most helpful ;)

Saurus Scar-Veteran - 178 pts
    Army general
    Light armour and shield
    Great weapon
    Sacred spawnings of Quetzl and Sotek
    Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
    Aura of Quetzl

Skink Priest - 130 pts
    Second level
    Blood Statuette of Spite

Skink Priest - 65 pts
    Level 1

12 skink skirmishers (blowpipe) - 72 pts

12 skink skirmishers (blowpipe) - 72 pts

5 Saurus cavalry - 225 pts
    Full command

The lmatch is against dwarfs (hence no scroll caddy ;) ), and i am aiming for speed.
    My only doubt is: does it have enough punch?

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

No, it does not.

At 750 pts, 3 characters will generally mean that you'll be swamped by the opponents CR. Besides your one lvl 1, the other two characters are a bit too tooled out for a 750 pt list. While taking a dominating magic phase is good, you would be better served by having reliable units that are not reliant on as much chance to make back their points.

(1) I would say that you drop some of the stuff off the scar veteran. No matter how much protection you give the scar veteran, your opponent still needs to take off only one wound to instantly get 84 pts. I would suggest dropping the aura, as at 750 pts you shouldnt worry about too many war machines.

(2) If your playing dwarves, dont take the blood statuette. Its bad against any opponent and the T 4 across the board of dwarves means that you probably wont even take off one wound. If you still want to take a skink priest, take a diadem instead as you wont be worrying about dispelling any dwarf magic ;) .

(3) Save some points by dropping the Saurus Cav champ. As with Kroxigors, the champ will be challenged as an easy way to reduce the hitting power of your small unit (especially as your opponent will probably have one main infantry unit w/ a thane)

(4) The reason that I suggest dropping these things is that you have only 2 units that will be able to beat a dwarf unit (your shooting and magic wont win you the game), and each unit can only suffer 1-2 W before loosing their effectiveness. I would suggest looking into Krox or Saurus. As the rest of your list is fast, I would urge you towards getting the Krox

3. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

I see your point.
    Unfortunately, only started building my army recently, so still no kroxes :depressed:
    But i do have saurus a-plenty!

Thanks!

4. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

I was just wondering... what about a sacred host of Quetzl?

5. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

It really depends on the build of your army. With your skinks, saurus cav, and JSoD, a good portion of your list will not benefit from the sacred host's rules (skinks have the +1 save, but I would hardly call this a useful upgrade). Admittedly, the spawning will grant your priests access to the Lore of Death, which with its low casting cost and dir. dam, may make them much more usable in a small points game. If you were to include more Saurus, the spawning would definitely prove useful against the attrition of the dwarves. Remember though that handguns are armor-piercing, so your Saurus still wont be able to shrug off small arms fire.

Alternatively, you may want to look into Sotek as with the +1 A on the charge skink units can charge war machines with a reasonable chance of success (and the lore of beast with its bolt thrower spell, cav movement spell, and default spell could prove useful against a static opponent).

But really sacred hosts lists are better kept for higher point games, as you should try to fit lots of troops into your list when under 1k

6. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

Good point, once more.
    Keeping in mind it's a match against dwarfs, what about this?

Saurus Scar-Veteran - 89 pts
    Light armour + shield
    Army general

10 x skink skirmishers - 60 pts
    Blowpipes

Blowpipes

20 x saurus warriors - 270 pts
    HW & shield, full command

20 x saurus warriors - 270 pts
    HW & shield, full command

Total: 749 pts

Rther uncomplicated, but though in a low point game against the stunties ;)

7. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Unless your opponent fields only infantry units (something which I highly doubt), I would suggest keeping in some units to deal with war machines. Skink shooting is something that you do not want to rely on to deal with war machine crews/ranked missile troops, so I would suggest keeping in the JSoD. At 750 pts I would be suprised to see your opponent field more than one large infantry unit, so I think that 1 20-Saurus unit should suffice. Hence, I would lean more towards keeping the Saurus cavalry in there as a flanking/anti-Thunderer unit (you would not need command for this role), and using the spare points to get a jaguar charm and fill your skinks back up to 12.

That is not to say, however, that this list is not already good. Against most opponents, the anvil of Saurus combined with the skink harrassers should win through attrition. However, my concern is that your Dwarf opponent will be able to whittle away your Saurus blocks before you reach him (hence the suggestion of JSoD and re-inclusion of Saurus Cav). If you know that your opponent is going for hefty dwarf blocks, then your high attack rate and higher movement should get you through.

8. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

Hummm....
    Perhaps somethimg like this?

JSoD - 178 pts
    Great weapon, light armour, shiled
    Charm of the jaguar warrior
    Glyph necklace
    Army general

20x saurus warriors - 270 pts
    Full command

Blowpipes

Blowpipes

5 x Saurus cavalry - 175 pts

Total: 743 pts

9. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

looks good. Against dwarves with their large amount of great weapons and cannons, I would suggest a aura of quetzl instead. Otherwise, try it out but this will be a solid all-comers list

10. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

Thanks for all the help... and patience! :D

11. Lord Campman
    Skink

Lord Campman New Member

I think it's a pretty solid ist. My first lizard list was almost the same :D But I think you should make one of the skink units scout!
    Good luck!