1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 500pt Skink cloud (friendly)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Finnboy101, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

So as I said in previous post. I set up some games for people to get into or learn. So the other alternative list for others in who are interested in lizardmen is a Skink focused army.

So heres a list i came up with for a beginner in skinks

Heroes
    Skink Priest level 1 65pts
    Skink Chief BSB with a shield and light armour, banner is lichbone pennant 86pts

Core
    Skink skirmishers 10 with javlins 70pts
    Skink Skirmishers 10 with javlins 70pts
    Skink cohort 30 with banner 160pts

I have 49pts left...
    So what do you guys think I could change or improve?

2. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

A friendly Skink Cloud list, well, there is a contraditio interminis if i ever saw one, Skink Cloud is the most competetive way you can play LM, on both high and low point values. This is, i would say, not a skink cloud, as you have a lot of Cohort Skinks, a true Skink Cloud has around 10 units of 10 skinks with javelins and shields, imho, but well, i will forgive you the terminology.

If you want to play a friendly game, any list is in principle good, as it does not matter whether you win or lose. :) Only thing you really want to do is to get some variety in your list, to have more fun in the game! I would consider adding some Terradons to have a serious CC unit with some utility in the dropped rocks. If you skim of some of the cohort, that really is not going to do anything cept run away and die(not fun for both you and the opponent) and if you het the Chief a Terradon, you should have a fun, mobile and fluffy army, it could be the scouting force of any temple city meeting the vanguard of any army attacking the LM.

3. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

thank you for the input I will try to vary a few points/models and see how it goes.