1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 50 wound Lizardmen versus HE

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by KingCheops, Aug 25, 2015.

1. KingCheops
    Temple Guard

KingCheops Active Member

My buddy and I played 2 games on Saturday. The first is pretty much a write off as he wanted to put ALL his models on the table against my Tomb Kings. However for the second one we tried to use that comp that was floating around from that Toronto tournament. He went ahead and declared his list almost immediately:

50 Lothern Sea Guard
    20 Phoenix Guard
    1 Lothern Sea Helm

I was a jackass and list tailored against him:

26 Temple Guard
    3 Ripperdactyls
    3 Kroxigor (1 with hammer)
    1 Salamander + 3 crew
    1 Gor Rok

We were on the long table edges. He picked the side that had the Fortified Manor entirely within the half and the proceeded to decide not to deploy in it. Terrain on my side ended up being irrelevant. Manor was on my left and he deployed his SG to the right of it, his PG to the right and further back than the SG, and the SH behind his SG. My krox were on my far left, my TG next and just to the left of his SG, salamander in some woods on the right, and ripperdactyls just behind the salamander. We played with base to base and you are allowed to shoot through 1 unit.

Turn 1 -- I moved everything forward keeping my salamander and ripperdactyls in striking range. Blot toad was in front of the PG. He moved his PG up to be in line with his SG. Nothing was in range (he set up behind the line) and no charges (although I ran with pretty much everything)

Turn 2 -- Ripperdactyls were able to charge with blot toad on PG so decided I'd try it. Salamander spat but missed PG. Krox advanced so that they'd be charging towards SG front corner and TG advanced prepared for a counter charge but lined up to hit left front. My buddy freaked when he heard the Ripper rules and I proceeded to roll 36 hits with 18 vicious beaks. That translated to 32 wound which he whittled down to 9 dead after his 4+ armor and 4+ "ward". He's still pretty bitter about it despite the fact that he then proceeded to slaughter every Ripper and actually came out ahead on wounds purchased. His SG shot at my TG using his SH's ability (stay still but reroll hits and wounds). He inflicted 11 casualties after battleshock despite my 3+.

Turn 3 -- My Krox just barely make their charge and Gor-Rok/TG easily make theirs. Kroxigor ended up with moon guy lined up exactly on the corner of the SG right flank with a krox in btb to his left and directly behind. TG and GR extended along the front. I went with my TG first and managed 11 wounds or so (can't really remember). He went next and wiffed on my krox but did 4 wounds to my TG. I then measured for my krox and had 15(!) SG in range of his swing. Thanks to Gor-Rok's command ability I hit 11/15 and wounded all 11 -- pow! 22 dead. My buddy called the game in a fit of rage at that point.

I had 34 models to his 71 so I should have had sudden death but we didn't even check that (in either game). I think he messed up royally by taking big units like that. He wanted a huge unit so he could "fully benefit" from the Sea Helm but it made his force "small" and very static (no movement or lose benefit). MSU makes the Rippers and Kroxigor far less scary. With big units like that I was able to have full impact.

shwaym likes this.