1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 3500 'Ard Boyz List

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by tenehuine, Apr 24, 2008.

1. tenehuine
    Skink

tenehuine New Member

First post on the forum, so hi.

This is my list for the upcoming 'Ard Boyz semi-finals [had to drop my Beast/Mortals army due to the new books coming out :mad:]

This is the general list

Scar Vet General
    light armor
    spawnings of Tlzacotl and Quetzl
    Enchanted shield, Sword of Striking

Old Blood (JSoD)
    light armor, shield, great weapon
    spawnings of Tlazcotl, Quetzl, Sotek
    Aurua of Quetzl, Jagaur Icon

Old Blood
    light armor, shield, cold one
    spawnings of Quetzl, Sotek, (and the one that lets you ride mounts)
    Scimitar of the sun resplendant, 5+ ward item

Scar Vet BSB
    light armor, cold one
    War Banner

Skink shaman
    lvl 2
    Diadem of Power

Skink Shaman
    x2 dispel scroll

10 skink

10 skink

13 skink scouts

12 saurus
    champ, music, spears (deploy in 2 lines of 6)

18 saurus spawning of quetzl
    full command (will be joined by BSB)

19 Saurus spawning of Tlazcotl
    full command (joined by general)

4 Kroxigors

4 Kroxigors

5 Terradons

Stegadon

Stegadon

3 Salamanders

Im counting on some pretty hard lists coming my way so hopefully I will be able to handle it. I was able to weather some pretty magic heavy armies with just 1 lvl spellcaster with 2 scrolls so I think i should be ok on that front.

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Welcome to the site :)

Looks pretty good, what are you planning to do with the oldblood on the cold one?

3. tenehuine
    Skink

tenehuine New Member

I plan on using him as a kind of backfield JSoD. He will go where he is needed, either to threaten small elite units, skirmishers, or flying units or to help out in tough close combats. Against static or slow armies he would run with one of the stegadon or kroxigor units to make sure they break their targets on the charge.

4. Axolotl
    Saurus

Axolotl New Member

So, how did it go? =) i'm curious.

5. tenehuine
    Skink

tenehuine New Member

The 'Ard Boyz semi-final won't be til the 31st of May I believe, but I will try and write up a batrep after that (hopefully detailing my success and plans to go to the finals in chicago....)

I managed to take 1st in the opening round but that was with my Beasts of Chaos/mortals list.

6. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

I think you have loaded to many points into characters for little effect. You only have 7 combat units (saurus, kroxigor and stegadons) which will be hopelessly outnumbered by the enemy.

7. tenehuine
    Skink

tenehuine New Member

So far I have had 2 test games with this list, one against a magic heavy skaven army and another against a balanced Horders of Chaos list.

The Skaven list was using Grey Seer Thanqual and another Grey seer on Bell in addition to a few warlock engineers. My units to a beating in the magic phase (could have been worse, my shamans did a great job in limiting the damage.) And I was able to destroy the flanks of his army and then move in and roll up his army from both sides.

Against the chaos army I was able to load up one flankl with my combat units and then position myself to destroy half of his combat units in 1 turn (2 stegadons in the flank will kill just about anything) and my JSoD and oldblood on CO where able to remove key characters during the same turn.

I am so far very pleased with the armies performance. I believe I will be able to deal with being outnumbered by excellent manuevering and using overwhelming force where I strike