1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 3000 point game Devastating victory. with allies

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Bullrocker, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Bullrocker
    Skink

Bullrocker New Member

Hello guys! first post in 3 years !! ( havent been able to play for that time)
    A week ago i played with my buddies and we decided on a 12000 point game!!!!
    It was an allied game and i teamed up with Vamoire counts.
    we were facing Warriors of Chaos, Dark elf, and Daemons of Chaos ( each 2000 points)

Here's what they had ( If memory serves)
    Warriors of Chaos:
    A unit of 24ish forsaken
    a horde unit of 40 Warriors with a lord in there.
    a Warshrine
    and a Hellcannon.

Dark elf:
    A units of 20ish Executioner with a lord ( general)
    12 ish Doomfire warlocks with a sorceror
    4 Reaper bolt throwers
    A Horde unit of witchelfs with the couldron of khaine and a death hag. ( very killy)
    and another unit of witch elves (20ish )

Daemons of Chaos:
    A unit of Bloodletters 25ish
    2 units of 20 pink horros with heroes.
    2 skull cannons
    a Deamon prince who served as their supreme general (36 inch range inspiring precence ! ! )

My Ally the Vampire count player brought :
    4!!! terrorgheist - one with a strigoi ghoul king.
    A coven throne
    6 Vargheists
    a unit of zombies with a lvl 1 necro
    and a unit of skeletons with a lvl 1 necro.
    2x units of direwolves.

I brought.
    Slann with 20 temple guard
    30 something saurus warriors with a scarvet with skavenpelt banner ( was very killy )
    another unit of 26 Saurus - full command.
    2x units of 10 skink skirmishers
    2x salemanders
    3 ripperdactyls.
    scarvet on carnosaur with dawnstone charmed shield and gw
    An Ancient stegadon with engine of the gods.
    a lvl 2 skink priest with lore of beasts.
    2x 5 chameleon skinks.

I think that was it if memory serves correctly (numbers may be off slightly +- 2-3)

2. Bullrocker
    Skink

Bullrocker New Member

Anyway. i cant recall with precision what happened each round. But here's pretty much what happened
    I will in the end of the battle report give a resume of what worked and what dindt.

Initial turns.
    I had vanguarded my ripperdactyls so they could charge the doomfire warlocks on the left flank.
    and my Chameleon skinks each close to the skull cannons that were on both the right and the left center. ( i was hoping they could keep them busy or kill.. lol)

My Warriors and slann were directly in the middle to slowly push forward.
    my skink skirmirshers were on both left and right flank to help out with shooting / redirection.
    my Salemanders were on the right flank along with some skeletons and zombies. the idea was to burn out the witch elfs comming in directly across.

The stegadon and Scarvet on carnosaur were on my left - directly across from the warriors of chaos horde unit and forsaken.

The following turns Everything pretty much just moved up. the Terrorgheist my ally brought flew around and destroyed a lot of things. we managed to destroy a unit of 20 witch elfs in a single round of shooting.
    the Chameleons took a few shots at the cannons and did nothing. nada.

Turn 2 more stuff just really moved up. i charged my ripperdactyls into the doomfire warlocks. but they stuck first and destroyed them. ( but they did waste 4 bolt thrower fire at them and they only killed 1.)
    Disappointing but you know :p there were only 3.

Terrorgheists kept flying around and screaming at stuff doing a lot of wounds. he ran his vargheists into a pink horror unit and kept them busy.
    My salemanders ate some of their own handlers and fled of the bord on the following turn ( they were hit by some magic) they killed around 9 witch elfs.

Around turn 4-5-6 was were the real Action began.
    The Dark elfs Execution squad got into close combat with my slann and they chopped away alot of temple guards. i wasent able to inflict much back. ( they went first even though they have great weapons)

my skink priest buffed my weaker saurus squad and i managed to win combat against a forsaken unit. ( they got unlucky and got something called slug brains, which made them strike last)
    They fled !! yesssss...
    My Carnosaur did some wounds on a warshrine and fled. overran into a skull cannon and killed it.

my stegadon was marching up to help my weaker saurus unit.

my killy saurus unit charged into the doomfire warlocks ( which were comming in from behind)
    What happened the next combat phases were glorious.
    My Stegadon + Scar-vet on carnosaur + small saurus unit charged the 40 warriors and lord.
    The first round of combat he challanged with a champion and i accepted with a spawnleader (who won!)
    i won the combat with 4 but he held on a low roll.

Second round of combat ( turn 5 )
    he had to challange with his lord and i accepted with my scar vet. i ended up killing him with an overkill of 5 !!!!
    Stegadons thunderstom recked through his runit and my saurus who were S5 T5 had no problem whatsoever dealing with them. that was around 880 points right there.

My killy saurus unit with frenzy charged into the rear of the doomfire warlocks (turn five )
    and only did 15 wounds. he had a 5+ ward save and HE SAVED 12!!!!!!! sad moment he did little wounds back.
    i won the combat but they held.
    the next combat round (turn 6 )
    With the killy saurus unit i did 6 wounds and won combat so they fled. - i overran into his executioner and killed them aswell. it was glorious.!!!

my Thoughts on the game as a whole.

I thought i had done pretty well the game with movement and tactics.
    Next time i will bring a slann with lore of life instead of highmagic since ill be making my templeguard unit alot bigger / tougher.
    Ripperdactyls did minimal. but i pretty much suicided them for no reason. my mistake.

Scar vet on carnosaur is a BEAST!!! So many Str 7 attacks and thunderstomps and multiple wounds! i love it.

Stegadon is beastly on the charge. the Engine did very very little itself. might consider taking the bow next time.

Saurus units are strong. i feared that they wouldent hold their own against the warriors or forsaken. but with wyssans wildform they can quite well.

skink priest did good for the points i thought wyssens wildform is very strong on saurus.

Salemanders i was just unlucky with. but they feared them and spent alot of time / magic throwing stuff at them.

Skink skirmishers worked as redirection and annoyence and they did soak up some magic. / bolt thrower fire.

Chamaleons did almost no wounds but they served as annoyence and soaked up alot of bolt thrower fire.

Thats it for my thoughts on the units
    This is my first battle report and i looks really messy. i'm sorry about that. i will bring much more detail and data in general with my next battle report.

Please leave a comment with questions or flame me for being a bad writer. English is not my mother language and grammer is horrible to say the least.

Thank you