1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 30 model (only one monster and no wizards)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Wazz, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Its sadly model based not wounds and only 1 monster allowed :/ Im going to go with a similar build for defense as @nine7six but with Bastilladon over stego. And stick with my original plan for aggressive stuff. I feel like eternal Starhost loses to shooty stuff too easily.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

And as always thank you guys for the feedback!!!

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

It does but it dominates in melee. Think of it all like Pokemon types, different army builds have strengths over certain other builds and weaknesses to others.

Wazz and Bowser like this.
  4. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Really good analogy lol. Im going with Firelance for aggressive but using the heroes as decoys so i can get those valuable charges off with the knights while salamanders and chams shoot everything! Lol

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That is actually a really solid strategy! I wish we had this tourney here! I hink I may start coming up with thirty model builds just for a bit of fun tonight!

Wazz likes this.
  6. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

In a sad turn of events i might not actually be able to play this weekend:( i am however going to try this stuff on my own lol and with friends around the hkuse the full rules are on warhammer world i believe

Bowser likes this.
  7. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Bowser let me know what you come up with!

Bowser likes this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

3 units of 5 Knights (15)
    Scarvet on carnosaur (16)
    Firelance starhost
    2 units of 5 Chameleons (26)
    3 rippers (29)
    Skink priest (30)
    Shadowstrike starhost
    Ice mage
    Using the ice mage to give the Scarno a 2+ save and then still able to cast Frosty Blast, damaging and slowing a unit to ensure you get the charge with your knights. Then retreat and charge with the next set of knights.
    This is balls to the wall aggression. If you keep your skink priest with the carnosaur 2+ rerollable save and rerolling 1s for hit and wound. Your knights doing two mortal wounds on 6 with an extra attack from the lances and an extra attack from the scar vet command ability.
    Your rippers can come out of the sky to target the opponents monster and we all know that's a death sentence. The chameleons can bring down their ice wizard or other targets fairly easily. Keeping them in cover of course, but don't be afraid to sacrifice them. If it will distract your opponent into allowing you to charge them with your knights.

Wazz likes this.
  9. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

That.is.awesome. lol i actually have to get some rippers still and an astrolith. Damn 40k distracted me from AoS lol.

Bainbow and Bowser like this.
  10. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Traitor!

Bowser and Wazz like this.
  11. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Lol I know. There hasn't been much AoS going on outside of me playing against my girlfriend (chaos demons) or my friend and his wood elves. Im making one of my Space Marine sergeants a Lizardman with power armour if that counts haha.

Bowser likes this.
  12. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Oo, power armour lizards! That'd be cool. Get on it, GW!

Bowser likes this.
  13. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Bainbow I'll post a picture when I make it. I'm out of town so im living vicariously thru you guys ideas and doodling set up for units lmao.

Bainbow and Bowser like this.
  14. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Bainbow as promised. Didn't come out as cool as it did in my head but still. @Bowser I can't remember if you wanted to see this too.

Attached Files:

Bowser likes this.
  15. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looks pretty awesome! Can't wait to see it painted!

Wazz likes this.
  16. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Thanks! It might be a while I (finally) have Rippers to build and paint! :) :) :)

Bowser likes this.
  17. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Ok so I was unable to make this weekends tourny so my friend and I played at home. I used 11 skinks 5 chams 1skink priest 3 kroxi 2 Salamanders 3handlers 1skink chief 3 Rippers and 1 Bastilladon. Against my friends wood elves. We used the first scenario where there is no terrain and at the end of each battler round the ice melts (you're fighting on a giant ice lake btw) and on a 6 (turn2, 5 turn3 4 turn4 etc) you lose d3 MODELS from a unit. (You roll for each unit, heroes and monsters dont fall in they just cant move next turn. Flyers are unaffected) there is an attacker (me) and a defender it lasts 1hour 30 mins or 6 rounds. After the ice basically wasted both of our non hero/monster units i stalled out till turn 6 had the chams appear near his defensive line to achieve a major victory lol. Super cheap but it worked. I dont think I'd use that comp for that scenario again but it was super fun. Sorry the post is so jumbled btw lol. Hopefully this helps anyone who has this event coming up!

Attached Files:

nine7six, Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  18. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Actually sounds like a really fun scenario! I do like the ice melting mechanic!

Ixt and Wazz like this.
  19. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Bowser it is pretty cool! I think im going to try to use my original build for that scenario. Hero heavy so the ice doesnt kill everything. I lost a full unwounded unit of Kroxigar to it and an unwounded Salamander hahah.

Ixt and Bowser like this.
  20. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

And to think that they were "Aquatic" in the last edition! ;p pfsssfshhhs

Wazz and Bowser like this.