1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2nd batrep vs Stormcast

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by IggyStarhost, Mar 14, 2018.

1. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I played my Stormcast buddy again. This time with 1250 points, since we have an tournament comming up.

His list was:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders

Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
    - General
    - Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
    - Trait: Staunch Defender
    - Artefact: Mirrorshield
    - Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
    Lord-Castellant (100)
    Lord-Relictor (80)

Battleline
    5 x Liberators (100)
    - Warhammers
    5 x Liberators (100)
    - Warhammers
    5 x Liberators (100)
    - Warhammers

Units
    5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
    3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
    3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
    1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Total: 1240 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 78

And my list was:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Leaders
    Skink Priest (80)
    - General
    - Priestly Trappings
    - Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Artefact: Prism of Amyntok

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    3 x Kroxigor (160)
    4 x Razordons (160)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Stegadon (240)

Total: 1180 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 80

I didnt bother to fill the rest of the points since we were just going friendly and still trying to understand the game. In hindsight, it did give me fewer drops which gave met the crucial first turn.

We rolled for knive to heart and were setup like this:

F88623A4-DF1A-4C52-880C-17810F0487F6.jpeg

The photo was after my move fase, so the kroxigor/skinks and razordon/skinks were back a bit.
    The liberators and retributors on de left of the table were setup in the realm.

With my fewer drops I choose to go first to take out the Raptors, before they can do damage. (We’re both still learning our armies so he didnt set them at max range, in range of my bastiladon).

On my first turn I put mystic shield on the Stega and Celestial Rites goed off. I wanted to teleport the razordons in his backfield to shoot the hiding liberators and pressure his dracoth to move back, but rolled a 1 ofcourse. Then I move my kroxigor/skink unit in charge range and same goes for the razordon/skinks. In my shooting phase is kill the raptors with the bastiladon en stegadon, with the rerolls of skink alpha. Next I charge my kroxigors/skinks in and kill an whoopin 4 liberators. He fails to kill a skink in return.

On his turn he does his command ability and shine with the castellant on the Dracoth. His relictor fails to cast a storm. His liberators come down behind the big rock and his retributors fail to join the party.

His prosecutors move to the right edge to shoot at my Starpriest, failing to hit. He spits with his dracoth, failing to hit the skinks and doing just one wound on the razordons. He charges with his dracoth killing failing to wound a skink. Razordons fail to shoot at the incomming charge. And the celestant killing one razordon with his 2 inch range. I really should have left them 3 inch behind, nog engaging in combat. My kroxigors kill the last liberator.

E48B5C0E-EF57-49F1-806B-C9DD71096A41.jpeg
    I win the priority and keep the regular order going. Starpriest fails to cast and priest does his bubble. I teleport the stegadon to his backfield to cause some pressure there. Skink alpha puts him 5 inch closer to the liberators in the backfield.

I didnt retreat the razordons just to keep the dacoth busy. I move the starpriest and priest out of sight of the prosecutors and move the bastiladon in sight. I move the green skinks down a bit to deny the retributors to come down closely. The kroxigors move foreward.

In shooting my bastiladon fails to wound the prosecutors. My stegadon kills a liberators. And in the charge take the other four.

In combat my kroxigor kill 2 liberators of the other unit. Losing one skink in return. His dracoth then kills 6 skinks.

On his turn the retributors come down but fail the charges. Nothing much happens. He just kills another razordon with his dracoth spit.

In my third turn I teleport the basti and shoot one retributor. And the stegadon takes another out in the charge.

Time was up so I won on points, having destroyed 380 points vs 0

We had fun and learned alot. I was fortunate to take the Raptors out en put the pressure on. I roll well and he didnt. I didnt expect my skinks to hold the dracoth up that long. But think i got lucky. Anyways happy with the mobility of the Skinks, Razors and Krox.

Hope to play my eternal starhost next time to feel de difference in combat style. Keep you posted!

Attached Files:

Seraphage, dinoSTARZ, Xasto and 2 others like this.
  2. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Seems pretty unlucky of him to have the skinks do so well in melee! I never use them in melee if I can help it lol. I like playing Stormcast because even though they are considered strong, there's not a lot of spells being thrown at you

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

He had the tempestos hammer and missed in the charge. His offense isnt that geat i guess. I only fear the dracoth spit. Although that is on a 4up. So he can easliy be swamped in wounds. He didnt roll that great tho

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Did you enjoy it?

I like your genius terrain feature ideas. ;)

5. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

Loved it!

Still in doubt to switch to Eternalstathost. Not sure how mortalwound spammie out local tournaments are. Huge plusside is the mobility of the skinks, really enjoy that!

I was just looking around in the house for some terrain proxy’s. But ill guess I’ll use them more! Have a bunch more laying around :D

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

They will be MW spam especially if you face SCE or Tzeentch, skinks are brilliant at what they do.

IggyStarhost likes this.
  7. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

Love those little creatures! Think i’m going to stick with this and for 1500 add another starpriest and 10 chameleon skinks (love those too!) and for 2k add another basti and thunderquake and switch the priests for a slann. Seems real fun!