1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS ~2000pt mixed battalions

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Kadanga, Aug 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

Hi guys, I've had this idea of a list that is a slow creeping area denier mixed with high mobility. If its not apparent the warriors are the anvils and the big unit of chameo skinks will be the hammer, buffed by the chief and astro.

You can swap out the sunclaw for an eternal starhost if you arent going against a mortal wound heavy army, with the cost remaining the same.

Considering that the new GHB2017 will bring along point reductions for max-size units I will have to edit this. But I think this will be a big boost for us. List below, give me your thoughts.

Allegiance
    : Order

Heroes
    Skink Chief (60)

- General
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    Saurus Sunblood (120)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

Units
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    20 x Chameleon Skinks (480)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)

-Clubs
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    -Clubs
    40 x Saurus Warriors (400)
    -Spears

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (120)
    Sunclaw Starhost (80)

Total: 1980/ 2000

2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

The only way to buff the chamo with the astrolith is to have horrible positioning I think. Can't imagine a way that could work differently ?

3. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

The trick as I see it is tying the enemy up with the warriors first, then put in the chameos behind the warrs in range of the astro, It might be tricky, but with 20 of them you should be able to conga-line it at least.

4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Problem is that the opponent might not have a melee oriented army, or do do have but still have enough range power to destroy our 6+ chamo save

Wow when I read my comment through your reply I just had to edit it. Autocorrect really doesn't help :p

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  5. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

Fair enough. I am so used to fighting melee armies (Khorne/Ironjawz) that I rarely consider ranged a threat. Thanks for the input!
    I think the new meta is going to be 100 skinks anyway, judging from the GHB2017 points leaks.

Seraphage likes this.