1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k Tournaments

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by IggyStarhost, Feb 28, 2018.

1. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I’ve just been playing for a couple of weeks. Only have 2 real games on my belt. Today I visited my GW and they are hosting a couple of tournaments, this period starting with just 1k.

I’ve been playing a fun list vs my stormcast friend. So far a really like it. I love the mobility and the many units.

Allegiance: Order
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    3 x Kroxigor (160)
    3 x Razordons (120)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Stegadon (240)

Total: 1000 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 63

Althoug I also pick my Eternity Warden up today :D (out with the proxy saurus shaman)
    And would like to play an eternal starhost.
    Something like this:

Allegiance: Order
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Skink Priest (80)
    - Priestly Trappings
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Eternal Starhost (130)

Total: 1010 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 38

Or switch the priest out for a unit of 10 skinks for some objective grabbing.

Initially I want to play the eternal starhost in a 1500 format. To me the eternal starhost seems really powerfull in 1k. But also a huge investment, and 1k feels a bit to low for them. Either the opponent has some mortal wounds spammers, or they dont. They feel like rock paper scissors to me. The upside it is low on unit drops.

What list would you play? Or what changes would you make to the starhost for 1k?

PabloTho likes this.
  2. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

I really like the look of that first list. It has a decent pool of wounds for 1k and some good killing power in the Razordons and behemoths. Kroxigor are an interesting choice and I don't see them very often but in this case they seem to mesh with the rest of the army nicely and will put dents in hordes. This list would be my first choice because as you said, it looks more fun.

The Eternal Starhost is good too - it used to be my go-to for 1000 points but the meta is too mortal-wound-centric at the moment and the saurus guard crumble too easily as a result.

Stick with list 1: Lords of Space and Time + Stegadon and his free hero phase movement + Razordons are such a spicy combo.

3. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

Thanks! The first list is much fun. Especially the stegadon. Used him last week as a wreckingball. Wait i’ll just write my first battlereport today to explain :D

The thing about the Eternal starhost, with the mortal wound spam now, I feel like they need support. In 1500 I can greatly support them.
    Starhost+Basti+Stega+10Chameleon skinks.
    To snipe the mortal wound dealers ander clean up with the starhost. Still have to test it tho.
    Next game vs my Stormcast friend i’ll go for the Starhost, just to see if it does really crumble that fast under mortal wounds. See his list in my battle report later today!

Aginor likes this.
  4. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

I didnt participate in Tournament (didnt have the time :() but I went to look for an haf an hour.
    It really seemd fun, so Im going to the next one! That will be 1250 points with one of the six battleplans of GHB2. How should I adjust the army lists?

To the Guard list I think I would just add the Stegadon. To have something with high rend and because I like it allot. Could also add 10 chameleon skinks instead.

To the skink list I have a couple or possibilities:
    Max the razordons out to 4. Add 10 saurus guard to protect my Starpriest. So I have like 5 small units:

Starpriest +10 Guard
    Kroxigor + Skinkscreen
    Razordon + Skinkscreen
    Bastiladon
    Stegadon

Look like alot of mobility! Although could also go for Skinks as 3rd battleline and add Razor.
    Then I would have 150 points to spare. How would you fill it in? I could add 5 Chameleon skinks. But dont know how effective they are in small groups. Or scarvet on coldone + razor/salamander/handlers.

Let me know what you would do!

5. Skorp
    Saurus

Skorp Active Member

Hey Iggy,

I'm suddenly needing to build a 1000 point list for a tournament in 2 weeks. I'm interested more in having fun than winning, but would love to play that first list you posted. My skinks have pipes and bucklers instead of javelins and bucklers. Would you see that being a big problem the way you envisioned it working?

Also curious what you would replace the razordons with as they have not been available since last year.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

Hi Skorp,

The weapons on the skinks dont really mind. In a group of 10 they dont do much. They are just there for objective grabbing and screenting the more heavy hitting units. If you dont have razordons, I would proxy them. I’m actually using old coldblood models I had.
    Or you could go for another unit of kroxigors to have more melee output. Depends on what you have. Good luck either way!