1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1k start collecting force

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by MilesTheMighty, Apr 21, 2018.

1. MilesTheMighty
    Jungle Swarm

MilesTheMighty New Member

Working on building up my force from a start collecting box and a few extras. Was thinking the Carnasaur was too pricy at this level, what do you think?

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    Saurus Sunblood (120)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Mighty War Leader
    - Artefact : Blade of Realities
    Units
    20 x Skinks (120)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    -Spears
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    -Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    -Lances
    Reinforcement Points (200)

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

It is OK, but don't expect too much from that list.
    I also played it when I started and I did win a game or two, so you will probably fine, but for the future you will probably have to make the decision: Go Saurus or go Skinks.

Also: Since units of 20 Skinks don't do a lot you might just as well split them up into two units, and merge the Saurus Knights together to one unit. The latter will hit harder that way, and half of the Skinks can many times retreat and not get hit.

3. MilesTheMighty
    Jungle Swarm

MilesTheMighty New Member

You think I have to go all Skinks or all Saurus? I was tentatively planning on running a 40-lizard blob of each

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

It can work, the problems are as follows:

To be really effective Saurus need their heroes, like a Sunblood or one of the Scar-Veterans, maybe even as the General, or as part of a Bloodclaw Starhost, because of their command abilities.

Skink Hero abilities are - mostly - more general, they can buff both Saurus and Skinks (Serpent Staff, Celestial Rites, and magic) and they synergize with the Stegadon (Skink Alpha ability) for example. Skinks also have 25mm bases which means they work rather well as chaff to hide behind, but still having the option to attack over them, which also makes them synergize better with monsters.
    They are also an important part of some of our most effective lists, like Kroaknado or Shadowstrike.

Saurus practically only work in big blobs, while Skinks have their uses in smaller units as well.
    So for Saurus it generally means "go big or go home".

That being said: It depends on the list. Mixed lists can be effective, I just think it is harder to do, especially if your goal is to go to tournaments.

Ecozh and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. Ecozh
    Cold One

Ecozh Active Member

As said above the list is a jack-of-all-trades.

At 1000 points I would make the Slann the general so he can cast the
    -1 to hit spell.

And give the -1 to hit shield to the Sunblood. That Will make the Saurus warriors more tanky.

Perhaps switch The Warriors out for temple guard (even proxy them). Same number of attacks vetter stats (especially saves)t