1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1K eternal starhost advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by brankignole, Mar 9, 2018.

1. brankignole
    Jungle Swarm

brankignole New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm thinking about a 1k eternal host list to start seraphon. Main idea was that it seemed a nice way to learn the game and seraphon (i started aos a few months ago). I read the batallion topic on this forum that don't really recommand using the starhost because you can almost get the same level of sturdiness for the guard using buffs.
    So i tried this on the warscroll builder :

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Leaders
    Skink Starpriest (80) - General - Command Trait : Master of Star Rituals - Artefact : Prism of Amyntok
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Skink Priest (80) - Priestly Trappings
    Units
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    5 x Saurus Guard (100)
    20 x Skinks (120) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    Behemoths
    Stegadon (240)
    Total: 960 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4
    Wounds: 60

What do you guys think ? The guards are here as a "block ennemy" lines, can be buffed with starpriest and/or priest prayer (starpriest also has the prayer due to his command trait so more chance to get rerolls). I'm not sure about the skinks but since so many people here finds them good, might as well go for it. Stegadon for more range and a big threat.
    For the last 40 points, should i switch stegadon for a bastiladon ? or a salamander/razordon ?

I found similar lists here with a Slann but he's expensive for a 1K list so i think i get lots of buff thx to him but what to use to deal damage ? I've also seen 1k lists based around skinks and stegadon/basti (sometimes 1 of each) but i don't get how they work. They seemed really oriented around 1-2 models

I'm not sure that i have enough firepower to kill stuff so i'd like you guys opinion and advice.
    Thx.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

In a 1k list I prefer more wounds, guards are expensive for that 300 points you can have 40 skinks and more, I would probably for for something like this.

Skink Starpriest (80)

Units
    40 x Skinks (200) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    3 x Razordons (120)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)

Total: 1000 /1000 Allies: 0 / 200 Leaders: 1/4 Battlelines: 2 (2+) Behemoths: 1/2 Artillery: 1/2
    Wounds: 85

Use the Chamo's and Rippers to take out threats (heros)
    Use the 10 man unit of skinks to block enemy
    40 man unit of skinks will hit on 3+
    Razordons will wreck targets
    Basiladon, mystic shield him and watch it tank anything.

3. brankignole
    Jungle Swarm

brankignole New Member

Thx for advice, How does it fare against horde armies ? Cause buffed bloodletters, skellies or fyreslayers are nothing to laught at, even at 1000 points. Skinks will melt.
    So does it mean the general strategy will be to absorb the 1st impact however i can, ideally with the 10 man skink unit. Then try to kill the synergy with ripper and chameleon ? Razordon being here to reduce the number of the horde models (cause often they loose buff that way) ?
    Just trying to get the feeling of that list ^^

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Pretty much yes, don’t forget your skinks can wary fighter out of combat which can make your opponent waste a charge.