1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1500pt Friendly Against Orcs.

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Finnboy101, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

I'm playing my brother tomorrow, just a friendly so he can test his orcs out. Its a 1500pt game, He is bring :

1 orc warboss (unknown magic items)
    1 orc shaman
    8-14 boar boys
    20-30 orcs
    20-30 savage orcs

so Ive come up with a quick list (half my army is being stripped/made unfortunately my own ocd problem didnt like paint job) so without further ado here it is:

Tetto'eko = 185pts
    Scar Vet - magic items: Gamblers Armour & Luckstone( Heavy armour 6 ward save & one use reroll armour save) BSB 130pts
    Skink Preist level 1 - dis scroll - mount on ancient steg EOG (mount points onto steg) 90pts
    Saurus h/s 24 with banner and musician ( scar vet going in here) 284 pts
    Saurus Spears 24 with full cmd - 294pts
    Skink Skirms 12 - 84pts
    Skink Skirms 12 - 84pts
    Ancient Steg with Engine of Gods (priest mounted) - Sharpened horns upgrade - 300 pts

That list comes to 1461 leaves me with 49 spare points.

So what do you guys think any changes? first time playing orcs so any tips?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

I like it. I would use the points to pimp the scar vets armour a little. Don't really know why you would need the 6 ward 6 regen since you can only choose 1 save between them. I would give him more protection as he is your bsb.

3. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

Ah I will make amends to that. probably gamblers armour? and a reroll?

4. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I have had succes with a horde of saurus against Orcs

5. skink chief
    Kroxigor

In your mindplan who fights who?

If you want the unit with the scar vet to fight the boar boys i would give him alot of armor with rerolls: gamblers armor + dawnstone and a GW. If you want him to fight savage orcs i would use a quango egg on the bastards to hopefully get some nice combatres to make m lose frenzy.

The normal orcs shouldn't be a problem its the savage orcs and boar boys that will be, do plan ahead who faces who :). I do think the warboss will be in his unit of normal orcs? Avoid him with your scar vet ;) he will most likely kill him pretty easely.

I do like that too especially vs the savages, but I think vs 2 inf blocks he will need 2 inf blocks aswel. Or would you add some other force?

These are just my own vieuws huh peeps I am by no means an expert :).

6. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

Well as he doesn't have any warmachines, monsters might be a good idea. A stegadon (which you already have) would probably do well against the normal orcs, or be a good help with the savages. 2 Stegadons is not bad, it would be a lot of impact hits and thunderstomps, maybe even enough that even if they die to the savages (I don't know how the savages work exactly, but I doubt that the Stegadons will die in one round) they will still more than make up for it by all the guys they take and make the Saurus win the combat.
    Two stegadons charging at one of the orc units will most likely decimate them. Maybe a Chief with the egg untop of a Stegadon.

I don't think the Sharpened horns is needed though.

7. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

Well his warboss will be mounted I believe so could be with the orc boar boys .... So tough one

8. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

But if he is with the boar boys, you won't hit him with the impact hits anyway right? As impact hits are distributed as shooting.

9. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

Probably the steg would do into normal boys to try kill as many as possible with his shaman in it probably. Then skinks whittle down the savage as they have nothing but a ward save. Then Saurus help steg with orcs then sacrifice a unit of skinks to block boar boys probably I have no idea. Worst part is I think we are doing a dawn battle so might have to roll for what arrives ....

10. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

You will probably figure out what to do when you know what you are up against, and if not, you will learn something about what works and what does not.

11. skink chief
    Kroxigor

I think you got the right idea there. The boar boys with the warbos is a bad matchup for anything in your list so keeping them away with some skinks, i like that. As for the savages, you got tetto'eko the ultimate comet caster :p. I would play defensive since he has no shooting. Put a comet on the savages and hold off the boar boys with your skinks. You should be golden then :).

12. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

Yeah great idea with the comet, use it as an area denial. You culd have some skinks close to the comet shoothing at him, if he loses some orcs, great, if you lose a couple of skinks, not a big deal.

skink chief likes this.
  13. skink chief
    Kroxigor

Just to be sure, you are going beasts with the lvl 1 right? In this matchup i see no other option and orcs be T4 so the str buff is needed and will help vs the AS of the boar boys when they eventually meet you in combat.

14. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

I too think the beast would be the best way to go, as Tetto'eko can handle the Heavens.

skink chief likes this.
  15. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

I do indeeed have a level 1 priest. So yeah that's a rough plan... Maybe some wicked rolls on magic and I might turn the table. I feel the top targets in this game is normal orcs and the shaman.the ones to abhor the orc boar boys... Savages not that much of plan works. But Saurus should be okay holding up try force him to attack the spears by using the skinks corrrectly and then when the steg is in combat flank or rear attack them

16. skink chief
    Kroxigor

well hf let us know how it went :)

17. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

Indeeed tonight the lizards March til dawn then the battle shall begin (I shall post in battle reports)

skink chief likes this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Let's hunt some Orc!

ASSASSIN_NR_1 likes this.
  19. Finnboy101
    Saurus

Finnboy101 Member

well my fellow lustrians the lizards was victorious but not without a few casualties. I shall post the battle report when I have time, along with a few pictures, I will do best detailed as I can. So that's 1 up on the orcs... they shall not be returning to our jungles any time soon. The Great Plan is still set.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  20. skink chief
    Kroxigor

Nice. Looking forward to the battle report :)