1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1,500 points vs Chaos Daemons

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by AllSeeingWraith, Mar 2, 2014.

1. AllSeeingWraith
    Skink

AllSeeingWraith New Member

This was my first ever warhammer match so not everything was recorded perfectly due to me learning a lot of the rules on the go.

Mission was just kill each other in order to help me and the daemon player learning experience pretty simple

My list:

Skink priest level 2 (wildform and some buff spell for the scar vet)
    Scar vet w/ some defensive items

36 Saurus warriors w/full command and spears

3 x 11 man skink skirmisher squads

Bastilidon with laser

4 ripperdactyles

Ancient stegadon w/sharpened horns, stampede, and gods

opponent had (roughly)

Nurgle sorcerer level 1

Nurgle plague bearer squad (around 10-16)
    Khorne bloodletters (15-20)

a squad of dogs with a hero dog that had ambushers or some rule like that.

a chariot with a cannon on it (had khorne guys manning it)

terrain was set up and we took turns, i went first and set a nice little river down the middle of the map to kinda focus his men. 3 forests were set up, he tried placing one right in front of the river crossing thinking he could win the roll for picking sides and i placed a hill on the other side of the crossing.

I won and chose the side with the hill.

Deployment was fast for him with his dogs showing up on round 2 from reserves behind my forces.

From left to right i had 11 skinks, 11 skinks with priest, stegadon, saurus w/scar-vet, bastillidon, 11 skinks and rippers. Placed the toad marker on the bloodletters.

Chaos (from my left): cannon, plague marines w/sorcerer, bloodletters.

He got first turn

Turn 1:

Chaos:
    -Cannon attempts to fire, malfunctioned and gets clogged for 2 turns (YES!!). Rest of his forces move towards the river crossing.

LIzards:
    -I moved my left and right flank skinks into the river and attempted some shots that killed 1 bloodletter and wounded the cannon.
    -Saurus and stegadon climbed the hill and held position.
    -Bastilidon moved forward and fired his laser and did no damage.
    -Skink squad with priest moved forwards a little bit, had a miscast but rolled a 7 (guys touching the base of the -priest suffer S10 damage or something like that) but because he was in the skirmisher unit it didn't hurt anyone.
    -Rippers march 20 ahead and get behind the bloodletters to charge them next turn from the rear.

Turn 2:
    Chaos:
    -Cannon declares charges my skinks, they hold and fight... lost and retreated. Tried to charge my priest but i ended up having them fall back.
    -Bloodletters charge the bastilidon and the skinks on my right (his plan was just the bastilidon but the skinks were in there as well. Hope was to blow past my bastilidon to get me from behind). Bloodletters kill like 2-3 skinks and wound the bastilidon once... bastilidon runs away but skinks hold.
    -Dogs show up behind my saurus on the hill but can't charge the turn they come in
    -Nurgle squad marches towards rippers and uses his spell which was some flamethrower that roasted one ripper. -Rippers decided to stay and not flee.

Lizards:
    -all things running away rallied back.
    -Saurus decided that dogs to the rear was more important than getting a flank on the bloodletters so they did a 180. -Stegadon performed a 14" charge (exact amount needed) into the plague squad killing all of them in the charge due to the chaos rule with failing a leadership test and guys go poof. Only guy left was the sorcerer.
    -Rippers charge into the rear of the bloodletters and don't do shit. Skinks in the front hold their ground again.

Turn 3:
    Chaos:
    -Cannon charges again, wins, skinks flee causing priest squad to flee as well failing their panic test.
    -Dogs charge my spears (6 or 7 wide and about 5 deep). I win the first round of combat. Lead dog challenges me, send the saurus champ out to fight him, he gets mauled to death. Dogs lose 2 guys after failing leadership.
    -Bloodletters kill 2 more skinks on the ground, THEY STILL HOLD!!!!! Bloodletters lose combat again, leadership test takes away a few models.
    -Stegadon kills sorcerer in hand to hand positions himself to charge either the bloodletters or the cannon.

Lizards:
    -Priest rallies, buffs saurus.
    -saurus kills remaining dogs, they take leadership hero dies due to daemon rule.

At this point my opponent called it.

Sorry for the rough read, this is my first battle report of my first battle of warhammer.
    The list was made for me by a buddy who plays lizards to kinda guide me into how he plays and to test a wide range of tactics. Like i would never have used the ripperdactyles but now i will.

I had a lot of lucky rolls and my opponent had some pretty bad ones.

this is gonna result as well to my paint scheme being river lizardmen

2. Screamer
    Temple Guard

Screamer Member

Congrats!

the rippers don't have to test for panic, because they are frenzied. but they have to test if they can but doesn't want to charge.